10.12.2009

François Nars Celebrates 15 Years


François Nars is celebrating his company's 15th anniversary with a “15x15,” book (in which he photographed and did the makeup), available Mid Nov. All proceeds of the sales of the 1,500 copies to be printed go to benefit various charities.

"— but the twist this time is that there are two inspirations for each shot, an iconic image, person or emotion and a classic Nars product. The book features portraits of 15 celebrities: Marc Jacobs, Isabella Rossellini, Amber Valletta, Dayle Haddon, Naomi Campbell, Amanda Lepore, Daphne Guinness, François Vincentelli, Natasha Poly, Lisa Marie Smith, Olivier Theyskens, Carla Gugino, Shalom Harlow, Tyson Ballou and Jennifer Jason Leigh." reports WWD.

“Basically, I wanted people who reflected my taste, friends and people I admired for their look and talent,” said Nars. “I love the way Marc looks, but also what he is and does. I tried to pick people not just for looks, but for talent."




I'm really excited to purchase this book, it looks amazing.

1 comments:

a. readings said...

That shot of Marc made my heart skip a beat. i'm so excited to get my hands on this book!